Working towards a business start-up

Providing interesting (hopefully) articles on anything to do with business, marketing techniques, managing finances successfully etc.

Trying it alone

Saturday 2 April 2011

Since i began my degree ive had a vision of running my own network of online businesses, being just 'ideas' it was important for me to create a detailed business plan before i went any further, the process has taught me a very important lesson.

Everything about the site looked good, the domain, logo, financial data, marketing planning, therefore i decided to try and learn a programming language, i was told from a friend to start with PHP, expecting this to be easy, i accepted the challenge and invested in some study books.

Days turned into months, it was clear that there is a lot more to it, and that 'become a website programmer fast' books were only scratching the surface, needless to say my respect for the programmers had grown considerably having now experienced the commitment and expertise that they possess. At the same time i was becoming increasingly frustrated and felt that i was getting no closer to achieving my business goals - by this time i hoped to be pitching to investors, marketing the site to users and building up a general hype.

I quickly realised that my interest in learning programming was to achieve an end goal, and not because i had an interest in it, i figured that by learning one thing i could move on to the next stepping stone - programming is not like that though, you have to invest real time and have a drive to become good at it.

Therefore i decided that i would not waste my time learning something that i have little interest in and instead stick to the stuff i feel passionately about - the marketing, designing, planning and researching that goes into business ideas.

So on that note, i am finally doing something i never expected, but am so happy to do, i am opening up my start up to a technical cofounder. I realise that my idea is just an idea without a programmer on board to assist, therefore if you are a passionate programmer and interested in working with a passionate business graduate, please do email me at nboswell90@gmail.com and introduce yourself.

Through my experiences, i realise that you and i, working together, with the sum of our skills and talents, can create things better than i can ever do alone, even on my best days.

So lets do this!

1 comments:

Samual said...

Its great Post. Online marketing is getting more and more competitive. When it comes to either ranking in the search engines or advertising, you are competing with all the other businesses in your field.

Outsourced Marketing

Post a Comment